Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Charger for TWO 3200 mAh Lipos ??

Old 07-24-2009, 04:04 PM
floridawen

Question Charger for TWO 3200 mAh Lipos ??

My friend and fellow RC Club Member is just getting into RC. I sold him his first plane (ElectriSTAR EP Select). It is powered by TWO 3200 mAh, 7.4V LIPOS. He wants to buy a BATTERY CHARGER !! The Charger I have is a Bantam BC6-10 and will only charge ONE battery at a time. Is there a DUAL BATTERY CHARGER that will charge BOTH 3200 mAh LIPOS the the SAME time

Old 07-24-2009, 04:05 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Cellpro 10s.

http://www.fmadirect.com/new_applica...0s_charger.htm
Old 07-24-2009, 04:23 PM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

I second Bill's choice. I have one and love it. I regularly charge 2 batteries at a time with it. Sign up on their web site and they will send you coupons and discounts on occasion.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

The Hyperion Duo also charges 2 packs at the same time...

EOS 0615i DUO3 DC INPUT 11V~28V
6S Max, 180W 15A Max Charge Per Port , 50W+50W 10A Discharge
SYNC Charge up to 2x6S for max 12S Flightpacks at 360W max. See explanation of SYNC MODE charging below.

DUO3 Changes vs. Previous DUO2:
* 12-Bit Balance Circuit Resolution for superb accuracy
* Built-In USB DataPort and supplied USB cable
* Hardware support for PC Control & Logging Software
(Bi-Direction release before Dec 2009. Logging available now.)
* 20 Memory slots for batteries per port (40 total)
* CYCLE mode for LiFePO4 and LiPo
* Max Current per port raised from 10A to 15A
Old 07-24-2009, 05:00 PM
floridawen

Question Cellpro 10s

I'm trying to locate an on-line Hobby Store that sells the Cellpro 10S but all I find is the Manufacturer direct in Maryland ??

Do you know any place I can get it for less than $169 ??

Old 07-24-2009, 05:04 PM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

That's it. No one else.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 PM
dogsheep
Banned

Originally Posted by floridawen View Post
I'm trying to locate an on-line Hobby Store that sells the Cellpro 10S but all I find is the Manufacturer direct in Maryland ??

Do you know any place I can get it for less than $169 ??

In my opinion, there are far more consumer-friendly companies out there-like Nitroblast, I think the Hyperion Duo is a winner and I have a Duo 2. Recently, I have begun using an Icharger 208b, and parallel charging, which means my Duo is just sitting around waiting.

If you want to deal with a really friendly, responsive seller of Hyperion, try rcdude.com, and for the Icharger, try progressiverc.com: both are tops.

Now, if Nitroblast sells the Duo, he is "tops," too!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:09 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Just because a company doesn't farm out their sales to other retailers doesn't make them unfriendly. The FMA folks are some of the best guys and gals in the business. You won't find much better customer support than they provide.

Don't sell them short just because they sell their own product exclusively.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:40 PM
floridawen

Lightbulb

That's very interesting that the Manufacturer is the only seller of their product. I never knew that before today and I heard the name CellPro mentioned dozens of times in our Club. I haven't asked around the club yet to see who owns one but out of 138+ members there has to be a few.

I have eight 3200 mAh, 7.4V LIPOS that I have to charge in order to get FOUR flights out of MY ElectriSTAR (yes I sold my buddy my spare ElectriSTAR, new in the box !!) and my friend will probably be doing the same thing (buying eight LIPOS). I currently own a Bantam BC6-10 Charger and it takes about 70 minutes per battery to "balance charge" each one. That's over eight hours of my time "watching" and listening for the "charge complete" buzzer. I am NOW seriously considering buying a CellPro 10S for MYSELF so I can actually charge THREE batteries at once !!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:50 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

I can balance charge 2 4s 4000's at once in under 45 minutes on my 10s.

I love it!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:57 PM
floridawen

Question

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
I can balance charge 2 4s 4000's at once in under 45 minutes on my 10s.

I love it!
So obviously there must be a way that I can "balance charge" two 3200 mAh, 2S but HOW There is only ONE BALANCE TAP output !! That balance lead would only go to ONE battery, what about the second battery ??

Old 07-24-2009, 06:02 PM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

They are expensive compaired to some...but I must say, I have been totally pleased with mine. I accidently left my transmitter on and dropped my lipo down to nothing on 1 cell. I put it on the Cellpro 10 just to give it a try. The CellPro detected a problem, let me know about it, and slow charged the battery (11.1v 2500mah Lipo) for 9 hours. I stayed within eye range minus a bathroom break or other very brief escapes, the entire time worried about a mishap. No problems. Battery is back in my transmitter working fine. I'm sure that I lost some capacity, but it's still functioning.

I had a Polycharge 4 which I really liked because of the ability to charge 4 batteries at a time. Unfortunately, I had several batteries go bad on me back to back. The only common denominator between the batteries was the charger and a Blinky balancer. My theory is that the charger was overcharging the batteries and the blinky was not keeping up to the amperage being put in. I have no proof, just a theory.

I have not had any issue since getting the CellPro. The numbers on my CellPro match the numbers on my cell checker. If you buy it...I doubt that you'll regret it.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:02 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

So obviously there must be a way that I can "balance charge" two 3200 mAh, 2S but HOW There is only ONE BALANCE TAP output !! That balance lead would only go to ONE battery, what about the second battery ??

Not on the 10s, there are two outputs on it

look at the right side of it in the photo in the link. two taps and the two labels above them say ch 1 and ch 2.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:03 PM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

There are 2 balance leads on the Cellpro 10. You must have the appropriate pigtail for your balance adapter.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:12 PM
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

The Cellpro requires you to balance charge. You can also charge through the power lead at the same time, but you must use the balance tap.

TAG Bill.... it's your turn!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:16 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by idealhobbies View Post
The Cellpro requires you to balance charge. You can also charge through the power lead at the same time, but you must use the balance tap.

TAG Bill.... it's your turn!
LOL...
Old 07-24-2009, 06:25 PM
floridawen

Red face

Originally Posted by idealhobbies View Post
There are 2 balance leads on the Cellpro 10. You must have the appropriate pigtail for your balance adapter.

Yes, I realize that on the CellPro......... I was speaking of my Bantam BC6-10 !!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:31 PM
floridawen

Red face

Not on the 10s, there are two outputs on it

look at the right side of it in the photo in the link. two taps and the two labels above them say ch 1 and ch 2.
My "mistake".......... I thought you were referring to my Bantam BC6-10 when you said 10s.......... sorry.

Yes, I certainly do realize the CellPro has TWO individual charging circuits, each with it's own balancer !!

Old 07-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Matt Kirsch
Super Contributor

The Cellpro 10S will charge two 1S-5S packs, or one 6S-10S pack. I have two and the dual-channel output has turned out to be quite handy since I've been flying a lot of 3S-powered stuff lately.

For fastest charging, I highly recommend hooking up to both the balance and discharge leads at the same time.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 PM
floridawen

Thumbs up

I originally started this thread for my friend, Don and I ended up getting so excited about the CellPro 10 that I just ordered one for MYSELF. Don is away for the day and going to a Yankees game tonight so he won't even see this thread until tomorrow morning !! All he asked was my "opinion" on what charger to buy and I BUY ONE for myself........ figure it out !! Truth is it really takes 70 minutes for EACH 3200 mAh, 2C to fully charge with my Bantam BC6-10. I now can charge THREE batteries at once . I currently own 6 Electrifly 3200, 2C ....... 2 Thunder Power 3300 3C ..... and 2 Electrifly 3200, 3C for three planes, not to mention 4 NiMH for one foamy and 3 NiMH for another foamy, and I am expecting a Park Zone T-28 (Air Force) to be arriving soon and will buy three extra Lipo batteries for that plane. Man, my Lipo sacks (two of them) are full and sitting in two Ammo Containers. I am flooded with batteries........ the price you pay when you CHOOSE Electric power !!

THANKS for all the help guys !!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:44 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Cool! You will be very happy with this charger. I love mine!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:47 PM
floridawen

Thumbs up

Cool! You will be very happy with this charger. I love mine!
THANKS for all your help with this thread Bill, I really appreciate it !!

Wen
Old 07-24-2009, 08:54 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

THANKS for all your help with this thread Bill, I really appreciate it !!

Wen
No problem at all Bud, glad to be of assistance.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:08 PM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Yeap, the CellPro 10S is on my short list of things to get.

Now that I have started flying my Electristar again, with Lipos, I'd like to charge them a little quicker than my 4s can handle....especially now that I am looking to get a 4S 5000mAh pack.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

I've been real happy with my new Hyperion EOS1201I that I purchased in the group buy from Nitro Blast. I can charge from 2S to 6S packs two packs at a time and balance both at up to 10 amps. For $90 for the charger (you still have to buy the balancers and adaptors seperately) I thought it was a great deal. All E RC has them on sale for $85 now as well. http://www.allerc.com/product_info.p...oducts_id=2785

Quick Reply: Charger for TWO 3200 mAh Lipos ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12351 seconds with 12 queries