General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Stepping up

Old 08-26-2009, 02:41 PM
superd333
Back From a 0.5 year ban!

Default Stepping up

Hey Guys

I have mastered 2ch and 3ch helis. its time to go to either 4ch or 6ch.

heres the thing. i know that 4ch will be a better transition, but i don't want to spend a bunch of money on a 4ch and then in a month have to buy a 6ch.

what should i do?

thanks
Old 08-26-2009, 10:28 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by superd333 View Post
Hey Guys

I have mastered 2ch and 3ch helis. its time to go to either 4ch or 6ch.

heres the thing. i know that 4ch will be a better transition, but i don't want to spend a bunch of money on a 4ch and then in a month have to buy a 6ch.

what should i do?

thanks
Your Already Hooked on RC, There is no hope for you Now You will be spending a Small Fortune on your Obsession So, go Ahead and Buy a DX7 spectrum radio, and a Nice Heli, its only money, take a second loan on your home to buy it here is a Nice 6 Ch heli on sale
http://www.xheli.com/revolution-450-arf.html

Take care, Chellie
Old 08-27-2009, 04:34 AM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

Due to the drop in prices lately, T-rex clone ARFs are pretty cheap (around $60). Get a good radio set up, decent servos and (to start) a good rate gyro. You will crash but the cost of parts for repairing a 6ch isn't much more than parts for a 4ch. Also, the electronics can be transplanted onto another heli if (when?) you get so advanced that the crashes demolish so many parts that it is cheaper to but another ARF.
Remember that the transmitter will outlive any aircraft so that is where you don't want to skimp. The question will be to get an FM radio (Futaba is my preference here) or 2.4Ghz (Spektrum seems to be the best bet). If go RTF, avoid 2.4Ghz (IMHO) unless it is Spektrum compatible.