Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

FMS fox glider info wanted

Old 03-03-2012, 07:17 PM
themagician

Default FMS fox glider info wanted

i have a fms fox glider with standard motor esc etc,it seems really under powered for its weight and size.
is there a replacement larger/power size motor that would go straight into it without any alterations to the body.
cheers in advance.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:40 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Was the motor mounted by factory? If so, is the motor REALLY secure to the motor mount?
Old 03-03-2012, 08:54 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

The reason I asked this, some I have seen with the motor installed, which I believe is a 750KV, were loose. This motor should give you plenty of power to do Neg and Pos loops. Also, it should do rolls easily. Make sure it came with at least a 30a ESC. This bird has won some interesting titles for an out of the box bird. Its not a hotiner by any means, but a good thermal ship for its design and a very good slope soarer! I wish I knew the real answer to your question...but the factory motor should be plenty of motor for this one. Then, you might have just got a lemon! It happens.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM
themagician

Default fox glider

Originally Posted by TM4197 View Post
Was the motor mounted by factory? If so, is the motor REALLY secure to the motor mount?
yes factory fitted,just seems like its got no real power to it.just changed the bearings just in case they were tight.
the motor is a 950kv.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

...wow if your changing bearings in a motor, your way ahead of me. I would imagine since you have yanked it out with no problems..you can see now what might be able to replace it. I bet Headsup Rc has a motor for ya!!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:39 AM
themagician

Default fox

Originally Posted by TM4197 View Post
...wow if your changing bearings in a motor, your way ahead of me. I would imagine since you have yanked it out with no problems..you can see now what might be able to replace it. I bet Headsup Rc has a motor for ya!!
bearing change very easy about 30 seconds in all to do the 2.
motor seems very poor against such things as a multiplex cularis etc.