Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Hobby King

Old 05-28-2015, 12:41 AM
Swiss Flyer
In the clouds

Originally Posted by Porcia83 View Post
Send it back to where it came from, if you can do that and show proof of same, PP will side in your favor. There was a time when they would try to get people to send back to HK when purchased in the states, that didn't work so well for them.
The PayPal instructions were very clear and if I don't comply then the terms would be void. My only real option is to cancel the dispute and take their offer of a replacement ESC.. which I'm probably going to do. Then I can think about fixing my aircraft.

Dear sir,

After carefully reviewing your case, we've determined that you'll be
eligible for a refund.

Once you have returned the merchandise, you will be covered under PayPal
Buyer Protection and eligible to receive a full refund.

-----------------------------------
What To Do Next

Please ship the items listed as "Granted" below back to the seller. The
items should be in their original condition and you are responsible for
shipping and handling costs.

Seller's address:
14/F, Kerry Warehouse (Shatin) 36-42 Shan Mei Street
Fotan
Hong Kong

Once you've shipped the item(s), please log in to your PayPal account and
visit the Resolution Center to provide online tracking information for the
package.

This tracking information is necessary because it confirms that the package
was delivered.

If the transaction was 330.00 CHF or more, we require that you ask the
seller to sign for the package when it is received.

Deadline: 10 days

Within 10 calendar days, please mail the item(s) and provide tracking
information that can be verified online.
Old 05-28-2015, 02:32 AM
birdDog
Charging....

Starting to reconsider. Bought two 5000mAh 4s packs. 7 cells arrived at 3.8 volts. One at 3.661 volts. Manged to get the bad cell to 3.810v. Had it as high as 3.822 but it just drops back. I have wasted half my evening trying to get help on something that never should have left their warehouse. Some vendors check all cells before boxing. Now I have wasted a couple of hours and their website has decided to lock me out, timing out on the photo sub step of the RMA process. IS IT WORTH IT? I am really beginning to thin it is not.

Last edited by birdDog; 05-28-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:00 AM
birdDog
Charging....

Edited: They made good on submitted photos. New pack is on the way fed-ex. No charge. I suppose I was a little hot headed during the previous posting session.

Last edited by birdDog; 05-28-2015 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:56 PM
Porcia83

Originally Posted by birdDog View Post
Starting to reconsider. Bought two 5000mAh 4s packs. 7 cells arrived at 3.8 volts. One at 3.661 volts. Manged to get the bad cell to 3.810v. Had it as high as 3.822 but it just drops back. I have wasted half my evening trying to get help on something that never should have left their warehouse. Other vendors check all cells before boxing. Now I have wasted a couple of hours and their website has decided to lock me out, timing out on the photo sub step of the RMA process. IS IT WORTH IT? I am really beginning to thin it is not.
I don't know that other vendors check cells before boxing or sending. The first Thunderpower pack I bought was a complete dud.

It's only worth it if you think it is. Easiest way might be a chargeback via PP or your credit card. If you're a member of RCG and want to try there, look up this guy:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=509946

Try ChinaHobbyLine, as well as Value Hobby for batteries....they are almost always cheaper than HK and either ship free or cheap, but almost always within 24 hours.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:08 PM
birdDog
Charging....

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I know that when I have received batteries from another vendor, there is a signed card enclosed with the cell check voltages. Could be hard to implement on such a large scale operation as HK has. HK has made good on the order with my submitted photos and notified me of a new pack on the way.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Swiss Flyer
In the clouds

Originally Posted by Swiss Flyer View Post
Looks like I am going to have to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
The cheapest way to send this damn plane to Hong Kong is 91 on account of its akward dimensions (82 * 24 *24cm - 1.6 kg), I'm basically in a much larger parcel category.
They must know this which is why they insert that stipulation the plane cost me 76 and as soon as it arrives in HK it will most likely be binned, so it would be an unconscionable waste of money.

They won in the end but I've learnt a valuable lesson, I'm closing my account and sticking to reputable dealers.
Sorry to bore you all with this saga, but looks like Hobby King are back on the hook

I wrote to Paypal telling them that I would close the case since the cost of postage to Hong Kong was greater than the item was worth, and I was promptly contacted back to say that my purchase was covered by their return shipping guarantee, so they will refund every last cent of the postage.

Fantastic service from PayPal once again
Old 05-30-2015, 04:41 AM
Porcia83

Nothing boring about it, personally I like to see how things work out and hope it's always for the best.

Given the return shipping guarantee I hope HK takes note of that and will allow/suggest sending it to the closest and cheapest facility they have. Doubt it though.

As for PP, they are by no means perfect with everything they do but I love dealing with them overall. WELL worth the fees and the occasional hassle. Nobody does what they do, give the protections that they do, for the money that they charge. I know there are other means of online payment, but not like PP.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:59 AM
Wrongway-Feldman

I just started my first ticket with hobbyking.
Ordered the T -45 goshawk 64mm pnp. They list it as 97% complete. What a laugh. I received an arf with motor and servos installed. Canopy needs to cut out and assembled. No manual. No clevises installed. None of the plastic parts are the colour as advertised. Missing plastic air inlet protectors. What a joke.
They'll probably ask me to send them a picture of the missing pieces.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:02 AM
Swiss Flyer
In the clouds

Originally Posted by Wrongway-Feldman View Post
I just started my first ticket with hobbyking.
Ordered the T -45 goshawk 64mm pnp. They list it as 97% complete. What a laugh. I received an arf with motor and servos installed. Canopy needs to cut out and assembled. No manual. No clevises installed. None of the plastic parts are the colour as advertised. Missing plastic air inlet protectors. What a joke.
They'll probably ask me to send them a picture of the missing pieces.
Firstly they will deny that it's their plane, because it doesn't look like the one on their website. Then they will offer you a credit of $1.05 to cover the cost of those missing bits of plastic

In my experience
Old 06-06-2015, 04:37 PM
birdDog
Charging....

It's always a lot of fun when your package makes a cameo appearance at your local USPS office, then makes it's way to Korea the next couple days. Sure it's not HK's fault but still adds to the experience.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:30 AM
birdDog
Charging....

That's it. I'm done. Watched my package get to San Francisco in 7 days. A couple more days and it was in Chicago. Then it departed Chicago and arrived in Singapore. It has sat there with no updates for 14 days. Get a hold of HK support and they say I have not waited the allowable amount of time. USPS says on the telephone that the item has been delivered in Singapore. HK says I need to wait more then contact my mail carrier AND US customs to see if they have it.

This company is not worth the grief to "try" to save a small amount of money. I'm done with them.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:41 AM
Porcia83

That's it. I'm done. Watched my package get to San Francisco in 7 days. A couple more days and it was in Chicago. Then it departed Chicago and arrived in Singapore. It has sat there with no updates for 14 days. Get a hold of HK support and they say I have not waited the allowable amount of time. USPS says on the telephone that the item has been delivered in Singapore. HK says I need to wait more then contact my mail carrier AND US customs to see if they have it.

This company is not worth the grief to "try" to save a small amount of money. I'm done with them.
Can the USPS explain why it wasn't delivered to you when it was in your state, and why they would have returned it to Singapore? That makes no sense. Also, how is the USPS able to determine it was delivered back to HK?

As I mentioned earlier, you can do a CC chargeback or PP dispute and speed up getting a refund.
Old 06-18-2015, 02:51 AM
birdDog
Charging....

USPS says it must have had a bad address (My paypal address that has been verified for years and received MANY HK orders). Still not sure how it made it that far then. I will wait my entire 45 days, which seems silly since there is an obvious problem. Then I will hit HK with both barrels. They seem to be saying that it is my problem now. International (Registered) Air Mail should not sit for 14 days with no update after a return to origin. Thankfully it was a $22 order.

Here is some comforting policy taken from their website. "We do not refund or replace parcels that did not arrive because they were not picked up in time or sent back to us and lost in transit or have the incorrect address."
Old 06-18-2015, 03:06 AM
Porcia83

I don't get waiting the full 45 days and then "hitting them with both barrels", not sure what that is going to accomplish other than to prolong the annoyance of dealing with them, and getting your money back. Anyway, you'll win any dispute when they can't prove delivery of goods.

I just got a delivery of 6 batteries from CHL (mentioned above). Ordered and delivered within 3 days, and they gave me 10 "free" Double A batteries too. Lots of great vendors to chose from thanks to the interwebs!
Old 07-24-2015, 02:43 AM
birdDog
Charging....

Now they closed my case and marked it as "solved" a week ago. Absolutely no correspondence, shipment or refund from them. Don't deal with this company, it is simply not worth it. Plenty of great deals to be had elsewhere.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:14 AM
Porcia83

If the ticket sits with no activity on it, I believe after a given amount of time they will close it.

Did you file a CC or PP chargeback, if not you should. If they can't provide proof of delivery, you win, easy as that.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:58 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Waiting too long will remove the possibility to file PP cand /or CC claim .....

Get the fingers on the keys and start PP .....

Nigel
Old 07-24-2015, 01:00 PM
birdDog
Charging....

I initiated another 20 (wasted) minute chat session with HK lastnight. They state the package was returned to their warehouse for "unclaimed reason" whatever that means. The package was in the destination country for one day, hardly enough time for an unclaimed by recipient situation. So I'm not sure what they mean by "unclaimed reason" nor do I care at this point. Package tracking is quite clear it made it to the USA and was sent back directly.
Their rep informs me I qualify for either a HK points or paypal refund, MINUS the shipping costs. After asking why and explaining it is their problem, the rep refused to budge so I closed out and filed a Palpal dispute. I believe paypal states I have 180 days to open this. At this point I don't care if the shipping was $.02, it is a matter of principal and I am done with this company and their extremely poor customer service. Another Platinum member walks away.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Porcia83

I would have gone right to the PP process as I mentioned earlier, and not spent more time dealing with HK. To their credit,they sent the item as noted, and nobody at this point knows why it was returned as unclaimed. It's doubtful they used a wrong address as it was the address pp or the credit card company gave them. It's a snafu and headscratcher for sure. I can see their point on the shipping, but just for CS reasons they should have refunded it....cuz PP is gonna make 'em.

Glacier batteriers are another option, just remember those. Not sure who sells them online. Also, try MotionRC, their packs are reasonably priced and they ship out very fast.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:43 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I initiated another 20 (wasted) minute chat session with HK lastnight.
Why ? You already had their answer. Why upset yourself more ?

They state the package was returned to their warehouse for "unclaimed reason" whatever that means.
What else can they say - CS people are not the actual handlers and can only relay what they see on the computer screen records.

The package was in the destination country for one day, hardly enough time for an unclaimed by recipient situation. So I'm not sure what they mean by "unclaimed reason" nor do I care at this point. Package tracking is quite clear it made it to the USA and was sent back directly.
Therefore the fault lies not with HK but with the delivery company .... tke it up with them. I have had packages returned to seller before and I contacted shipping service ... result was item was resent to me FoC.... based on original payment made and not refunded.

Their rep informs me I qualify for either a HK points or paypal refund, MINUS the shipping costs. After asking why and explaining it is their problem, the rep refused to budge so I closed out and filed a Palpal dispute.
Because at end of day - it is not HK fault ... it is delivery services fault.
Refund of shipping is responsibility of Shipping service.

I believe paypal states I have 180 days to open this. At this point I don't care if the shipping was $.02, it is a matter of principal and I am done with this company and their extremely poor customer service. Another Platinum member walks away.
Well that's your choice and I hope it all works out. I too have had barneys with various companies and vowed never to use them again ... but ended up having to ... so it's hard to actually 100% stay away from such.

CS with HK has always been a controversial matter but when I read many complaints about them ... the complainee nearly always comes across as belligerent. I am not only one who has commented to some that a more reasonable approach and PATIENCE can often bring reward. I know I have had to make long explanations to CS but finally received proper solution. Replacement radio TWICE ... replacement Engine .... online installation and calibration assistance are just three examples of successful CS with HK I have had.

I don't say that OP here is belligerent ... I am just commenting.

But I do feel that HK are being hung out to dry for a Delivery Services mistake .... not HK's.

Nigel
Old 07-24-2015, 11:09 PM
birdDog
Charging....

With all due respect Nigel, the final chat session was where I was informed of their final decision. Had I not inquired, most likely it would have just been forgotten. In my opinion, the shipper assumes all responsibility for the carrier performing their duties. After all, they are the ones responsible for the scheduling, packaging and labeling. It is not my duty to deal with a shipping company, especially after finding the package has been returned to origin. I will not pay for something that likely is the fault of the shipper. If they cannot make a package that will stand up to international shipping, this is their problem with the carrier. Fact of the matter is that they received a returned item and made no effort to correct the situation without my insisting on it. The extent of my belligerence was referring to the package as a damned package. I understand the person on the other end is just trying to pay their bills.

As for the length of time for the PP claim. This would be my first experience of this type with them and for lack of reading hundreds of posts about their protocol, I elected to try to settle it using their CS system. In hindsight, it was a waste of time.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:49 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Reading previous posts of yours indicated you already had HK answer. The final chat you had appeared to only confirm.

You have my sympathy, but I must say that something just doesn't add up.

Given you know that the package arrived but then was returned - I would have contacted courier company, as I have dine myself a number of times.

My work involves numerous shipped samples and items .... and inquiries are always to delivery company / postal service for information. The supplier usually has no idea once it leaves them.

So wait to hear what PP say ..... despite many peoples advice on PP - I have had them fail dismally on one claim. So nothings g'teed.

Nigel
Old 07-25-2015, 12:21 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

The Customs people may have rejected the parcel for some reason. It's one of those awkward situations, it's certainly not your fault BirdDog, but probably no direct fault of Hobbyking's either.

But i do agree that the normal rule is that it's the sellers responsibility to get the item to the address that you supplied. If they fail to do so it's their responsibility to put it right, regardless of it it's their direct fault or not. At least that's how it works for sales here in Europe and I assume the US too. Of course US and European laws cannot be enforced in China.

I don't suppose it would have been much different with any China based vendor. The only way to be 100% sure of not getting this sort of hassle would be not to buy from overseas sellers.
Old 07-25-2015, 03:09 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

But i do agree that the normal rule is that it's the sellers responsibility to get the item to the address that you supplied. If they fail to do so it's their responsibility to put it right, regardless of it it's their direct fault or not.....
Actually not strictly true ... if the seller or origin can show correct addressing / instructions - then the responsibility lies with the shipping service.

We encounter this on numerous occasions as we send samples all over the world. We are not responsible to client or receiver once the sample or item is collected by shipping service. BUT we are if we give wrong information... or knowingly choose a bad service.

As I understand from this thread .. correct addressing as supplied by Paypal account has been passed to HK. HK would then just pass this on to shipping service. HK are then not responsible ... but are of course SECOND port of call after checking tracking info. First port of call is Shipping Service - they are the only people who have relevant info.

Of course what really creates a crap situation I when you choose to take cheapest shipping option without tracking info. Then you really are out on your own as HK cannot help you in any way no matter if they want to.

Nigel
Old 07-25-2015, 03:19 PM
birdDog
Charging....

Yes, always get the tracking. Even with local shipping.

Here is what I have. US Postal Service says to get a hold of vendor. They also state they have no idea why it was returned.

Very odd that it made it this far only to be sent back a few hours later.
6/6/2015 11:15 PMSingapore, Singapore Departed
6/6/2015 4:20 PMIncheon, Korea Republic Of Departed
6/5/2015 12:05 PMChicago, United States Departed
6/4/2015 9:59 PMChicago, United States Arrived
6/4/2015 1:44 PMIsc Chicago Il (Usps)Processed through sort facility

It's in Paypals hands now. I will post back their ruling. I'm going flying.

Quick Reply: Hobby King

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10522 seconds with 13 queries