RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Parkfly Rx's FrSky - ie V8R4-II

Old 06-29-2013, 07:23 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Question Parkfly Rx's FrSky - ie V8R4-II

Now it may sound strange that I have been an advocate of the FrSky Module / Rx combo's and I think they are excellent value and offer excellent secure signal security.

I have always stayed with the 7ch and 8ch dual antenna Rx's ... the V8R7 and V8FR-II versions ... (I have Telemetry capable Tx module but do not use Telemetry ... YET !)

As the stocks in my usual supplier are out ... I decided to go for the V8R4-II 4ch Rx that gives specification of 1km range as against other parkfly Rx's of 300 - 500m.

The models intended for them are ones that fly reasonably close and 1km is more than good enough.

Can anyone reply back who uses these Rx's with any problems / comments ... I am a little concerned that I read the antenna is easily broken of the board ... and it also being a single wire antenna ...

Nigel
Old 06-30-2013, 01:06 AM
DHC Beaver

The single antenna in itself is no problem,but earlier ones did sometimes fall off.A dot of potting compound or hot glue over the connection to the circuit board solves that.In fact,the last rxs I bought have yellow potting compound applied at the factory.
I'm currently running one in my AXN,and can fly that as far as I can see it.
I also have one in my Capricorn,but that's pretty much a close-in 3D plane anyway.
Have no fear Nige,these little rxs perform as well or better than anything I've ever used.In fact,my whole fleet of txs and rxs now runs Frsky.I'm sold.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:52 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

On 2.4 .. I am completely FrSky apart from my Radiolink Heli radio which is Futaba 6ex based.
I run 2 9x radios with FrSky modules and honestly - never had a single problem with them.

But I have always been wary of parkfly Rx's with reduced range ... I know they actually work further than factory states ...
I stayed with the 7ch and 8ch full range Rx's but they have been back-order for ages now ... and when I get home I want to set up an ASK Glider - which I need a full range Rx for ... so only way is to buy Parkfly Rx's and swap out from other aircraft. My Parkflys only need 4ch ... so that's no problem.... and at $12 a Rx ... makes my pocket smile !

Thanks for the re-assurance ... makes me feel better !!

Nigel