RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Newb here: Looking for flight stabilizer that will work with FrSky

Old 04-26-2016, 10:41 PM
Rochester

Default Newb here: Looking for flight stabilizer that will work with FrSky

I've bought my first fixed-wing (Bixler 3) and would like to have flight stabilization. My Tx is a Turnigy 9x that I've upgraded with FrSky components.

Is there a reasonably priced flight stabilizer that would work very well with the likes of a FrSky D4R-II? Or perhaps a receiver/flight stabilizer combo that would be compatible with my FrSky Tx?

I'd appreciate any direction!!
Old 04-27-2016, 02:15 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

PPM-PCM2.4g.......Right....?

Try.....:

https://alofthobbies.com/radio-gear/...ilization.html

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/arch...p/t-73620.html

http://www.frsky-rc.com/BBS/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=513

Should point you in a direction...
Old 04-30-2016, 12:48 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

I like the A3 as it has remote gain adjust or the cheaper A3-L still has remote gain adjust but less features. They can also be mounted on their edge whereas some can't.

Shop around. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eagle-A3-6-A...-/371463017525
Old 04-30-2016, 01:37 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

IMHO the best flight stabilizer for a power glider is to add more nose weight, make it a little more nose heavy, that will make the control surfaces a little slower to input and it will help to keep the plane from stalling a low speeds, after you get better flying, move the CG back a little.

Talk about being nose heavy I had a ACE Wizard plane designed for a 049, I put a fox 15 in it with a 7x6 wood prop and it would haul buns and it was the easiest rc plane to fly I ever had, I taught a lot of people to fly with that plane.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:18 AM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

'Stabilisers' come in many different types. You get the basic ones that simply prevent the plane getting knocked around in the wind quite so much, examples of these being Horizon AS3X, Lemon Rx flight stabiliser, the Hobbyking 'Orange' stabiliser etc..

Then you get more advanced stabilisers that will actually self level the plane, have bank angle limits and possibly 'panic recovery' features. Horizon's SAFE and the HobbyEagle A3 Super II are examples.

The more advanced ones are great but more complex to set up and more expensive. The Hobbyeagle A3 super II will work with any receiver.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:31 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

After using / trying various - I have only one recc'd now :

Hobby Eagle A3 Super II from Bang good.

This will cover from elementary flying right through to full on 3D. Buy the one with program card first ... then when you want more for other models - buy the one without card saving money.

The only restriction is the D4 receiver you are using. This will mean you will not have remote gain adjust / mode selection by transmitter. If you swapped out that Rx for the 7ch - then you get the full benefit of systems. The D4 Rx is a great little Rx - I use a lot of them. But for this with gyro - is limiting.

Nigel
Old 05-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Panther
Super Contributor

Another one post wonder that appears not to appreciate any advice. Probably playing on his iphone now....
Old 05-09-2016, 11:18 AM
Paul80

Another Thunbs up for the Hobbyeagle A3 II Super from me as well

Buy the first one with the programming box then if you want more for other planes, buy the one without the programming box, one programming box will do them all so no need to buy any more, and they are 30% cheaper without the box

Paul