Airplanes - Electric For Sale & WTB Electric Powered RC Planes for sale and wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

For Sale KA Models L-39

Old 08-20-2008, 04:48 AM
Tram
Purveyor of EPP goodness.

Default KA Models L-39

Hey-

I've got one I'll sell..

It's the new molded fuse with the sheeted wing..

$215 shipped!

Jeff
Old 08-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Slowjohn
Passed on

Some specs & photos would be nice & go a long way in helping someone decide whether to buy it.

Standing By,
SJ
Old 08-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Tram

Slowjohn-

My apologies.. This is a fairly popular kit and I assumed.. and as they say.. assumption is the mother of all screw ups..

Anyway..

The kit has been in production for quite some time.. Used to come with just a fiberglass fuse and a sheeted or unsheeted wing.. Recently Ken has gone to a fully molded fuse and molded wing skins for panel lines..

What I am selling is the new molded fuse along with the old style sheeted wing.. I bought this right as he was changing and gave me the option of what I'd like to have.. I thought the molded fuse would look cool, but had no use for molded wings..

Also, the plane was sold with sport or scale wings.. These are the scale wings..

Specs:

Wing Span - 48 in
Wing Area - 300 sq.in.
Wing loading - 18-23 oz./ sq. ft.
Ready weight - 45-50 oz.
Airfoil - RG 14

Old 08-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Slowjohn
Passed on

Thanks for posting the specs as I'm only starting to get serious about building a DF plane/jet or something so I'm not really up to speed on what I need to buy yet. I do like the looks of this one and I really like the T-38 Talon as I used to work on them (Airframe) back in the 70's. I was also been told I should try something else first so I bought a GWS 262. I didn't like it after it was built and I never flew it. I traded it off but now I sorta wish I'd of at least flew it a time or two but...
Does this kit come with the fans? Like I said I know nothing about this kit, so sorry if I'm asking questions that I should maybe already know.

SJ
Old 08-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Tram

John-

No worries man..

The kit is the plane only.. You would still need fan, motor, speed controller, batteries and an ESC..

This bird is in completely different league than the GWS 262..

How much building have you done?
Old 08-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Slowjohn
Passed on

Jeff,
I've been building & flying C/L balsa model planes since I was 11 or 12 yrs. old back in the mid 60's. I stopped flying RC about 1982 and started back in 4-1/2 yrs. ago after I was disabled due to illness that darn near killed me several times in less than a years time. So all I do now is build & fly RC airplanes. The hobby/sport takes up about 90% of my wakeful hours and maybe 40% of the time I should be sleeping but can't I'll go for a week to ten days on maybe 3 or 4 hours hard sleep a night before it catches up to me and I'll sleep for 2 days straight then it's back to not sleeping enough
I can tell that those two planes aren't in the same category nor even close and maybe even shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath depending on who your talking with but ... I really think I should look into something that's not so involved & expensive but my left thumb does work I tell myself and it doesn't really have to be built or set up as a total speed demon. I'll have to seriously think about it so if someone gets the cash to you first, I'll just have to find something else. It sure would be nice though. BTW, what size DF unit would it require anyway? It'd be a good bet I don't have one for it. Do I dare say that I do have 2 GWS DF units , I don't even recall what size they are or even where I put them up at anymore.
Thanks for your time and everything.

SJ
Old 08-20-2008, 08:00 PM
Tram

You'd need a 70mm fan for it..
Old 08-20-2008, 08:48 PM
Slowjohn
Passed on

I figured it'd be quite a bit bigger than what I had. Look what showed up in my email a short while ago,
http://www.towerhobbies.com/promos/e...-gpma1865.html

Maybe thats what I should get to start with just to see if I really want a DF aircraft model. It appears that they sure don't give you much time to think. I'd have to say it's more of a reflex or reaction to flying one. I've not seen one fly before so I was quite surprised.

Thanks Again,
SJ
Old 08-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Tram

Link won't show up for me..

EDF's are a lot of fun, but can take some getting used to.. Not all of them are knee knocking scary, I've found the hardest part for me is planning the landing..
Old 08-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Slowjohn
Passed on

The link is working fine on this end. I've not had that happen before but it's really not anything earth shattering. It's a promo that Tower Hobbies is offering for the Great Planes XPD-8 for $29.99. As bad as my eyesight is it'd be way to small for me to see to be able to keep up with it. I watched the video and it do look fast.

SJ
Old 08-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Tram

Grab it.. It's a great flying bird!

I've got the Miglet...
Old 08-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Slowjohn
Passed on

Thumbs up

Cool!!! Thanks for the heads up on it.

SJ