E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

I need help with my blade cp

Old 01-04-2009, 12:47 AM
john the mailman

Default I need help with my blade cp

I have a Blade CP that I just cannot get off the ground. Being a novice, I figured it was operator error and practice would help. No amount of time spent has helped and several other more experienced flyers have done no better. I thought the motor might be bad so I replaced it with another original equip. motor. I have made all the adjustments suggested by the manual (several times). The head speed is around 1400. The heli is totally stock. No upgrades to motors or batteries. Should that be my next move or am I kicking a dead dog here? Any advice would help.

Last edited by john the mailman; 01-04-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

John, if you would change the title of this thread to something like I need help with my Blade CP you will get more response.

By the way, welcome to Wattflyer. This is a great place to ask questions and I am sure it won't be long before you are helping others.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:02 AM
john the mailman

Thanks. Now if I can just figure out how to do that.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

Good job John.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:22 AM
theecoop

John, Can you send photos of the head assembly. I think your issue is with one or 2 things,,,,,the paddles or the swash plate being level
Old 01-04-2009, 06:01 PM
john the mailman

theecoop-------I will send photos as soon as I can. I will shoot as close as possible and at several angles.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:15 PM
theecoop

will be looking forward to seeing them
Old 01-12-2009, 06:02 AM
lightfoot500

Hi,
If you happen to live near Pittsburgh, PA there is a great beginners heli class that meets at J&C Hobbies on wednesdays. flown mostly is the Blade Cp. Without it, I dont think i would be hovering at all. I have two Blade Cp more by chance than design. it is a squirrely model heli, imo, at best, and one of the more difficult to fly. if you dont have a computer sim, get one, a great free simulator is helisim, all you need is a box. the direct drive tail motor upgrade by eflite( dont get the dd tail setup by gws as it is poor quality, imo) go to horizon hobby and look for parts, EFLH1321 - 1324 - that will in most peoples opinion improve performance. best thing is find a group to learn in or ditch the blade and get another make, I have seen quite a few walkeras and imo they are much much better made than the blade cp. the best thing though is find a group, call your local hobbyshops and ask for a group if they dont have one.

Last edited by lightfoot500; 01-12-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 AM
lightfoot500

and by the way, the "instructors" at J&C hobbies can hover and even fly the cp quite well. i am always amazed at how easy they make it look. if you google J&C hobbies you can get their number, you would want to call the raceway and speak to jimmy if you have questions.

i see that horizon hobby out of stock on the dd tail upgrade, redrockethobbies dot com has them under the same stock number.

well, come to find out, redrockethobbies is out of that upgrade at the moment too. i am waiting for mine.
i have heard good things about the Esky Honey Bee and the larger Esky Belt CP. Or the Trex 250 or 450 if you want to go up in price.
As for hovering the blade cp, i would suggest very short little "hops", maybe 6" or a foot off the ground. up down that is all.and trim the controls each time you bring it back down. and another thing, being in a closed space makes a difference, even though i can hover with some control in a closed space, outside is still difficult to impossible....

Last edited by lightfoot500; 01-13-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:23 PM
steven0718

Sounds like the angle of attack of your main blades are not great enough to provide lift.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Alpha_&_Omega
Too many birds

here's a crazy question, are you blades spinning clock wise? and id so are your blades thicker leading edges pointed in the direction of the rotation?
Old 01-25-2009, 01:48 PM
lightfoot500

I think John Mailman gave up on the thread and probably on the blade cp...
Old 01-25-2009, 02:42 PM
theecoop

maybe computer issues too