Prayers needed for Michael - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Prayers needed for Michael

Old 07-30-2009, 06:22 PM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

Originally Posted by stevecooper View Post
Your in my thoughts and Prayers here Andrew,
He's Got a great Dad and will be a heck of a RC'er you can Bet!!
bubsteve
Flying the Vapor around the hospital room may have something to do with that.

Originally Posted by bassplayinDude View Post
This is great news! Michael's already made it through the hardest part, being born. Lungs are one of the last organs to develop so requiring O2 doesn't surprise me.

Continuing to cross my fingers for you.
Yes, we were fortunate to get both steroid shots to help mature his lungs.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:19 PM
pd1
Still Learning

Thanks for the update and glad he's progressing well.
Paul
Old 07-31-2009, 08:09 PM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

Michael's morning update.... There really isn't anything new to report which is good news. Through the night they had to adjust his oxygen level. A few steps up then a few steps down depending on his breathing. Other than that (which we have been assured is normal) he's just resting and hopefully getting stronger and growing. Please continue to pray for Michael.
A big Thanks to everyone,
-Andrew

Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 PM
bassplayinDude

Thanks for the update. Glad to read things are going well.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:13 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update weathervane every day he is getting closer to going home with his proud parents I'll keep the prayers coming. What you reported is good news he's stable and getting stronger.
John
Old 07-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Don Sims
Administrator

We appreciate the daily updates and are thankful for the progress he's making!! Sure hope it continues!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:29 AM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

We just returned from a visit with Michael. Overall he is still doing well. This afternoon they put a PIC Line in his arm. His line was where the umbilical cord was. They are also giving him a steriod to help his lungs develop more. Hopefully this will allow the breathing tube to be taken out. So far there hasn't been any progress on removing the breathing tube. He generally takes a step forward and a step backward. So they are trying to get him a few steps closer to being able to be breathing tube free. When we left he was sleeping peacefully - afterall he had a big afternoon. Please continue to keep Michael in your prayers.

-Andrew
Old 08-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Pudknocker71
Breaking wind.

Bless you and your family Andrew. Prayer said.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:25 PM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

Hello everyone, My son Michael is doing well. There is really no change. The doctor decided to give him an inhalable steroid two times a day. It seems to be helping his lungs. His pressure was down a small amount this morning. They also raised his feedings to every 3 hours. He seems to like that. Food, yea thats my boy. Other than that, nothing new to report.
A big thank you to everyone. Words can not describe how much it means to my family and I
-Andrew
Old 08-02-2009, 05:32 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

That's great news eating every 3 hrs his body wants food so he is growing and getting better. Appetite is a good sign. lungs should start getting stronger.
Thanks for the post weathervane.
still in our thoughts and prayers John
Old 08-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

I shared this story at our dinner table several nights ago. My youngest son, who is in pre-school (a Christian based school) gets his turn at our family prayer last night and says: " Please keep everyone we love healthy and happy, and take care of little Michael" .

Brother, if that prayer does a small fraction for Michael as it did for me at that moment, he's surely on a solid road to a normal healthy and happy life.
My heart nearly exploded when he showed me that in his heart, he knows the power of prayer.

I'm thankful for all of our blessings, and Michael is one in himself.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:56 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Out of the mouth's of little ones can come powerful messages Nitro that's when you know you/we are teaching our kids well. My own 3 have given my wife and I the same feeling you wrote about.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

I have not mentioned it before because I don't want to take away from the prayers for Michael, but my great-grandson, Degan, who was born a couple of days after Michael, has been in the NICU. He was a few weeks early and had breathing problems. It appears he is doing fine now and will probably go home this week.

I lead our Garden Of Prayer in church today and included Michael and Degan in my prayer. I know most of our members will be praying for them.

Andrew, don't feel like we are getting tired of your reports about Michael. I look forward to hearing about him each day, even if the report is much like the day before. That just means he is getting better each day.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 AM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

Michael's Morning Update.... Michael did well overnight on the lower settings. He will start continuous feedings this afternoon. He hasn't had any problems eating (he's in the right family). We will visit him this afternoon. Thank you for the prayers. Please continue to keep Michael in your prayers.

-Andrew
Old 08-04-2009, 12:04 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

That's good news Andrew. Sounds like he is improving steadily. Great to hear that.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:10 AM
capn chaos
Super Contributor

Hey Andrew.....tell Michael I need a really good wingman......
We all do....
Right stuff!
CC..Bob
Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 AM
whipple
Memento mori

All right! Good to hear the outstanding news!

Whipple
Old 08-04-2009, 02:09 AM
bassplayinDude

That's great to read.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:19 PM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

Michael's Morning Update... He is still doing well. His continuous feedings are still continuing. He is tolerating them well. His pressures are the same. Today he is getting a blood transfusion - this is normal he has had a few already. They have to do a lot of blood work and he can't replenish it fast enough.

-Andrew
Old 08-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

I am glad to hear Michael is doing well. His bones are probably so tiny that they can't make enough blood to replace what they draw. I bet his transfusions are measured in the ounces rather than pints.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 PM
whipple
Memento mori

Yay! Continued good news is good news!

Whipple
Old 08-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Manta1
No Shoes is MY FRen

Originally Posted by Nitro Blast View Post
I shared this story at our dinner table several nights ago. My youngest son, who is in pre-school (a Christian based school) gets his turn at our family prayer last night and says: " Please keep everyone we love healthy and happy, and take care of little Michael" .

Brother, if that prayer does a small fraction for Michael as it did for me at that moment, he's surely on a solid road to a normal healthy and happy life.
My heart nearly exploded when he showed me that in his heart, he knows the power of prayer.

I'm thankful for all of our blessings, and Michael is one in himself.
you just made a manta cry bro.bless your lil ones heart..michael is in good hands im sure..
Old 08-05-2009, 03:10 AM
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

Andrew, fantastic news! Any improvement is good improvement. May God continue to Bless and Guide those caring for Michael! And may He Bless your family as well. Mostly, may He Bless and Strengthen dear little Michael.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:22 AM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

Thank you everyone. I wish I had some words that could explain how much it means to me.
Thank you, Andrew
Old 08-05-2009, 03:39 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

weathervane just keep us informed on how he is doing and we can keep saying a little prayer for you and your family.

Quick Reply: Prayers needed for Michael

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.10145 seconds with 15 queries