Night Flying Discuss night time aircraft illumination, methods and equipment.

Requirements for night flying

Old 12-02-2013, 01:59 AM
  #26  
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,951
Default

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
You know fish once piper finds out how much fun this night flying is he's gonna be hooked.

Wish it wasn't so cold up here at night just I don't feel like going out night flying and freezing.
Agreed.
In the spring/summer I might start flying at 5pm then once dark hits might be 10pm. Depends on how many folks call in UFOs

Piper just take your time soldering it up and attaching lights to the plane can be a pain all in its own to get through that headache I just remind myself that slow is fast and fast is fun. Keep us informed with what you decide on
Fishbonez is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 AM
  #27  
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
thepiper92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 1,513
Default

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Agreed.
In the spring/summer I might start flying at 5pm then once dark hits might be 10pm. Depends on how many folks call in UFOs

Piper just take your time soldering it up and attaching lights to the plane can be a pain all in its own to get through that headache I just remind myself that slow is fast and fast is fun. Keep us informed with what you decide on
I am good with soldering, so that is not really an issue. Do you know it this led stuff comes with adhesive backing, and if it does, does it stay on well?
thepiper92 is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 AM
  #28  
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,951
Default

Originally Posted by thepiper92 View Post
I am good with soldering, so that is not really an issue. Do you know it this led stuff comes with adhesive backing, and if it does, does it stay on well?
Yes it does but depending on what type of foam you are attaching it too whether it holds or not. On my swift I had to ad CA every so often to keep it in place
Fishbonez is offline  
Old 12-02-2013, 02:15 AM
  #29  
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
thepiper92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 1,513
Default

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Yes it does but depending on what type of foam you are attaching it too whether it holds or not. On my swift I had to ad CA every so often to keep it in place
It's EPO foam, or whatever Flyzone calls it. Not the floppy, heavier EPP, but the lighter more rigid foam
thepiper92 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
AEAJR
Beginners
165
06-28-2017 04:22 PM
AEAJR
Beginners
25
02-27-2014 01:24 PM
frenchstan
Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Electric Airplanes
3
12-21-2013 04:36 PM
Baconzxc
3D Flying
11
11-14-2012 12:59 AM
Cole Mayfield
Foamies
6
08-08-2011 04:18 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Quick Reply: Requirements for night flying


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.06848 seconds with 13 queries