Night Flying Discuss night time aircraft illumination, methods and equipment.

Requirements for night flying

Old 12-02-2013, 01:59 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
You know fish once piper finds out how much fun this night flying is he's gonna be hooked.

Wish it wasn't so cold up here at night just I don't feel like going out night flying and freezing.
Agreed.
In the spring/summer I might start flying at 5pm then once dark hits might be 10pm. Depends on how many folks call in UFOs

Piper just take your time soldering it up and attaching lights to the plane can be a pain all in its own to get through that headache I just remind myself that slow is fast and fast is fun. Keep us informed with what you decide on
Old 12-02-2013, 02:01 AM
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Agreed.
In the spring/summer I might start flying at 5pm then once dark hits might be 10pm. Depends on how many folks call in UFOs

Piper just take your time soldering it up and attaching lights to the plane can be a pain all in its own to get through that headache I just remind myself that slow is fast and fast is fun. Keep us informed with what you decide on
I am good with soldering, so that is not really an issue. Do you know it this led stuff comes with adhesive backing, and if it does, does it stay on well?
Old 12-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Originally Posted by thepiper92 View Post
I am good with soldering, so that is not really an issue. Do you know it this led stuff comes with adhesive backing, and if it does, does it stay on well?
Yes it does but depending on what type of foam you are attaching it too whether it holds or not. On my swift I had to ad CA every so often to keep it in place
Old 12-02-2013, 02:15 AM
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Yes it does but depending on what type of foam you are attaching it too whether it holds or not. On my swift I had to ad CA every so often to keep it in place
It's EPO foam, or whatever Flyzone calls it. Not the floppy, heavier EPP, but the lighter more rigid foam