Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Delta & Flying Wings
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #51
WILDTHAWN

Friends: (0)

ok check it out i got a 30 foot bungee from hobbyking for $5.99 then i went to home depot and got two 1/4" hose barbs and two 3/16" i bolts that all cost about $5.00 then i soidered/sweat the i bolts in the hose barbs with a propane torch then inserted them in the ends of the bungee and zip tyed the bungee on to the hose barbs i next took a piece of 1"x3"x12" pine and screwed a 1"x4" piece of pvc pipe about the middle of the board and drilled a oblong hole in one end to put over the tent stake i use two stakes plant one and hook the i bolt over it and strech the bungee about 75 feet out to the next stake with the pedal on it i also used two keyrings with a piece of nylon twine tyed between them and one of them hooked to one of the i bolts and the other set over the pedal end on the second stake then hook the planes hook thru the first keyring and you got.. it just like downtown for under $25.00.. i have a launchpad made of pvc but i dont use it it takes up to much space and you dont really need it the plane rises so quick it dont drag on the ground so theres really no reason for having a launchpad other than looks oh yeah one more thing i got the larger bungee or the blue colored one its a perfect fit for the 1/4" hose barb. on my funjet i have the elevons flush with the wing and its spot on at the cog the tow hook is rite where the wing starts to come off the fuse i used a 1"x2"x1/8" ply and drilled a hole in it at a angle and used a left over piece of pushrod about a inch n a half long glued to the flat spot i sanded on the bottom of the funjet with white gorilla snot glue and it gives perfect launches everytime.. i just got to carry a extra hammer and visegrips to drive and pull the stakes.. i have less than a hour in putting this whole thing together and so long as you don get the soider all over the outside of the hose barbs it looks like it was a professinal built product.. one thing i cant stress enough is to check the bungee over from end to end every pull because a damaged bungee can do you some real damage if it gets loose.. the nice thing is you can say goodbye to torque roll cuz the bungee launches it about sixty miles per hour and before you launch you already have both hands on the sticks.. i can launch my fj all the way across the park with no power on and turn around and glide it back to me.. i wish i had a camera i'de sent the pic.. and just in case your interested hobbyking is out of bungees rite now there supost to be here at the end of the month but its a soultion to your kilo /2.2lb plane launching
Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #52
iflyrc1012
Insane Wiggy pilot

Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (19)

that has got to be the longest sentence i ever read...

e.d.f. speed freak
Old 06-15-2011, 01:02 AM   #53
WILDTHAWN

period
Old 06-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #54
iflyrc1012
Insane Wiggy pilot

Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (19)

lol....

e.d.f. speed freak
Old 06-15-2011, 02:56 AM   #55
thomdoe

ok that WAS funny ........ PERIOD ! .......
Old 06-15-2011, 03:09 AM   #56
WILDTHAWN

lets have a show of hands here bungee launch or hand launch. i said your hands not your finger.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:19 AM   #57
thomdoe

I go hand launch...... but I love the feel of the plane as it takes flight
Old 06-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #58
josephcharles
Bird Dog

Club: SEFLI-Gruman WingNuts- Employee of NEATS fair

I have an ultra Funjet with a Mega 1625-3 and CC125 esc. It was clocked at 139mph from the side. I launch it straight into the wind at about 3/8's throttle. Lots of guys say to throw it and follow straight through. I do launch like that but I throw it a slight bit up around 20 deg and this keeps it from dropping to the ground before it gets lift and speed. When I first started launching it out I would throw it straight out and it would drop and a few times it hit the ground causing the prop addapter to pop off the bottom. While landing this ship I found that I had to actually steer the ailerons left and right to keep it level as it skipped like a stone across the field at 100mph. Happy landing's!!
Old 06-16-2011, 02:12 AM   #59
WILDTHAWN

1 bungee 2 hand lets here from the rest of ya
Old 03-19-2017, 01:17 PM   #60
Ansih

Default Its easy

I have flown a fun jet before
You can launch it by the wing and it was not a scene for mem, nothing great happerned
Old 03-24-2017, 04:56 AM   #61
WyomingOutdoors

I have a co-pilot launch mine. I have (had) two. One simple setup that has an old Stryker motor and esc in it that I've been flying for 5 years (flies in any kind of weather) clocked at a modest 109 (I removed the gyro after a few flights). The other was a 134mph 5S 1900W blur It takes off straight up! It survived exactly 6 flights before one of the ailerons came disconnected and it hit the frozen ground. I believe I have a video on one of my hard drives somewhere of the carnage . . . I'll search for it. I have a brand new kit still in the box that I've been planning to setup for fpv.

My maiden 5 years ago . ..

geez . . . just realized this post was from 6 yrs ago (still a fun plane though)!
Old 03-26-2017, 06:26 AM   #62
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (16)

Thats one ugly spud tossing that plane. I wonder if he has lost any more hair since then

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Delta & Flying Wings