Scale E-Powered Aircraft Discuss electric powered scale models here.

show me your christian eagles

Old 03-07-2009, 01:06 AM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

Default show me your christian eagles

whos flying a christian eagle that was my dream plane when i started this hobby but i can not find a arf anywhere cox use to have one but now they are out of buisness and i have not found anyone else who offers it in an arf. so if you have one in your hangar show them here maybe i'm the only one who really enjoys seeing these things fly at the air show in the summer. call me crazy
Old 03-07-2009, 01:25 AM
birdDog
Charging....

Search for Christen Eagle. They are becoming rare but there are still some models available.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEUN1&P=FR

http://www.handhelditems.com/christe...e-p-18629.html

http://www.quicktechhobby.com/Airpla...sten_eagle.htm
Old 03-07-2009, 01:57 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

My Buddy is getting ready to maiden this one in the morning. He's going to let me fly it too!

It's a big 50cc gasser. it has a DA50 in it, full smoke system and the whole works!

The second pic is it getting everything charged up for tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Phils Eagle.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	95585   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1747.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	95586  
Old 03-07-2009, 03:52 AM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

Originally Posted by firemanbill View Post
My Buddy is getting ready to maiden this one in the morning. He's going to let me fly it too!

It's a big 50cc gasser. it has a DA50 in it, full smoke system and the whole works!

The second pic is it getting everything charged up for tomorrow.
bill you never cease to amaze you must really live right my friend you are one lucky dog. that thing is nice!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2009, 03:57 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

LOL, Yeah I reckon I do.

This guy is the same one that gave me the Shoe String. He also has a 1/4 scale Cub, 1/4 scale Pitts Python, and a bunch of others too. He has mostly gassers but he also has a Ultra Stick 25e, a Great Planes Riot3d and now the Extreme flight Yak.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:05 AM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

Originally Posted by birdDog View Post

thanks birddog that smaller one is what i had in mind even though that large one would be a nice conversion thanks for the info.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:13 AM
jkaven

Originally Posted by dmmalish View Post
whos flying a christian eagle that was my dream plane when i started this hobby but i can not find a arf anywhere cox use to have one but now they are out of buisness and i have not found anyone else who offers it in an arf.
FYI: There's a used Cox Eagle on RC Universe.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:58 PM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

Originally Posted by jkaven View Post
FYI: There's a used Cox Eagle on RC Universe.
thanks do you have a link??? i could not find it
Old 03-07-2009, 03:08 PM
jkaven

Here you go:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=490287
Old 03-24-2009, 04:53 AM
Sabrehawk

Thumbs up

The Christen Eagle has always been my dream plane too. A friend I flew with back in Texas had one of the Byron CE's and has a nice 4stroke opposed twin in it. What a beautful babe it was. Heh, notice I say "was".
I fell in love with this hot homebuilt after that.
I think it was about the fifth flight or so, when a wingtip caught the grass on take-off and she went cartwheeling down the RWY. Ended up quite a mess, was sad.
Well, I must say ole Bill's friend has a fantastic one indeed. Should fly and sound awesome!
Yup, and I got a friend who has part ownership of a real one right here in Renton. And yup, I got to fly in her! Heh, as if my love for the plane wasnt enough yet! Well words cannot describe.
Here's my Cox CE along with the real one I flew in.

Gene, our pilot in command giving me a little preflight briefing.

One of my buddies returning from his flight that day.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:27 AM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

wish i had friends like that you are one lucky S.O.B.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:02 AM
Sabrehawk

By gosh I geuss we CE owners and flyers are a rare breed these days. Not much response I see.
Thats okay though, I've always been in that crowd anywho, rare breed that is.
I only have two videos of my Eagle, one from the ground and one onboard. The one from the ground was taken by a flying buddy and wasnt as good as I'd like but as I have found, it isnt easy to do. Especially to do well and be able to zoom in and keep it steady. Plus it doesnt help that the view screens on most if not all are so hard to see in daylight.
But, here's the one I did with an onboard camera(Flycam one). Nothing too fancy, and there was a bit of chop up there that day so I was getting a bit kicked around but it didnt turn out too bad.
[media]http://www.vimeo.com/1686996[/media]

And the one shot from the ground that finds me out too far for my buddy to get a good view of it. He did eventually try to zoom in, but then couldnt stay with it well, and missed a few of the best moves of the flight. Still, not bad for a first attempt.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:30 AM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

very nice saber thaks for posting i'm going to toledo show next weekend hoping to find one at the swap meet area there wish me luck.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:11 AM
Sabrehawk

Smile

Oh absoloutely...........good luck indeed! I do hope you find one, will be nice to have someone else around here with one. there were quite a few it seemed at one time. But that was quite a while back I geuss. And since Cox isnt selling them anymore, and they are getting rare it seems. Too bad, it is a very nice flying and looking little aerobatic pleaser.

I have found recently that contrary to what I thought, it will take off and land from some fairly rough surfaces like short grass and dirt. There's a ball field some fellows and I fly at, and I previously avoided even thinking of fly her there. But last time out, I gave it a try and whoa! She did just fine!
I gotta get Flytime to video it next time out, he's pretty good at camera handling. Now if only the weather would cooperate and give us a day or two. But it just wont let up this year.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by dmmalish View Post
show me your christian eagles

whos flying a christian eagle that was my dream plane when i started this hobby but i can not find a arf anywhere cox use to have one but now they are out of buisness and i have not found anyone else who offers it in an arf. so if you have one in your hangar show them here maybe i'm the only one who really enjoys seeing these things fly at the air show in the summer. call me crazy
Well if GWS ever comes out with one, they'll call it a Christian Eagle, to get out of paying royalties.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

LOL It's only a Christian Eagle when you fly it on Sunday!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:47 AM
Sabrehawk

Smile

Oh my dont get me started on the royalty thing, boy if only I could get royalties on all the work I've done. I wouldnt have to keep working.

Well mine sure got the dust blown off on sunday, and hopefully this weekend coming too some more.

Hehe, BTW I have two of them. The second one is safely still in it's box, there to stay, till that day.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:18 AM
Ribcracker
Flight Junkie

Chuck,
How did you mount the camera on your bipe. Velcro? How do you get the velcro back off the plane without messing things up?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:31 AM
Sabrehawk

My flycam one gets velcro'd to the bottom surface of the top wing. I dont plan on removing the velcro, and im sure if I did it probably will take a little foam with it. So, I just leave it. It's not even noticeable where it is.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:20 PM
birdDog
Charging....

Found a profile! $46!
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...rod_id=TTT4318
Old 04-06-2009, 02:13 AM
Sabrehawk

Thumbs up

Yeppers I got me one of them too, nice flyin 3D bipe. I got to do some fixing on it after I get moved at the end of the month. Had a collision with a Tiger Moth one day, and the Eagle lost. Not too bad though, easy fixins, and a new gearbox and she'll be right as rain.(Heh, if there's anything right about rain..........dont ask.)

Yep, and this yet another discontiued plane as well, though there are still a few around to be had, so your lucky. Thunder Tiger isnt making them anymore. So make templates.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Sabrehawk

Smile

Was diggin through my photobucket pics, and found this one I forgot I took when the day my buds and I flew the real CE. It's a good shot of the cockpit.
Notice the lack of an artificial horizon indicator, meaning of course she's a daytime, and fair weather flyer only.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by Sabrehawk View Post
Was diggin through my photobucket pics, and found this one I forgot I took when the day my buds and I flew the real CE. It's a good shot of the cockpit.
Notice the lack of an artificial horizon indicator, meaning of course she's a daytime, and fair weather flyer only.
Got a kick out of the little head with a camera in front of the plane, taking a picture of it at the same time as you did.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:32 AM
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

How about a Muslim Falcon?

Sorry, I have seen this heading so many times I couldn't stand not making the pun.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:40 AM
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

Default help please !!!!

Ok guys and gals here's the scoop i picked up a 41" lower wingspan christen eagle tonite off craigs list $65.00 the guy said it was hanging in the rafters in the garage last year when he bought the house he says it is in good condition looks like it has never been flown and there is a bag of parts in the fuse i have searched all over the net tonite and can not find a 41" eagle i will not get it till thursday it is 2.5 hours away any ideas on what brand it could be only other clue is it says "charlie hilliard eagle team" on it makes me think it is from late 80's early 90's i will post pics when i get it just thought someone may have a clue thanks and i am pretty excited to get it it is the plane i have wanted since i got into this more than a p-51 imagine that.

Quick Reply: show me your christian eagles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.17647 seconds with 13 queries