E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Lower Rotor Head replacement

Old 01-10-2011, 02:45 AM
twoply

Default Lower Rotor Head replacement

Had my first bad crash. Have to replace the lower rotor head. What is the best method for removing the broken head? Will removing the alan set screw in the upper head allow you to remove the entire top with blades so that you can slide the lower head off? Oh also, I assume the alan screw is metric? Thanks....
Old 01-10-2011, 10:12 PM
twoply

Default Lower rotor head replaced

Answered my own question but for those who might need to know. I removed the upper blades (probably didn't have to) then removed the set screw holding the head in place. Pulled the head then marked (with a sharpie) location of top of lower head on shaft, slipped the lower head off, marked with a vertical line the location of the hole for the set screw. Slipped new lower head into place and worked backwards to reassemble. Not too bad. Note: the alan wrench needed to loosen the upper head is 1.5mm. Hope someone finds this helpful. Happy Flying