Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Electric Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Rcrcc club air show display for local kids,indoor flights

Old 01-31-2011, 12:02 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

Default Rcrcc club air show display for local kids,indoor flights

WOW! the club i joined held an indoor flight demonstration for kids of all ages and 265 towns folks came out with their kids....out standing show of local families where our club exists.

there wasn't any parking left at the community center that has a large gym and rooms for us to build rubber band planes and the kids had different flight challenges to win prizes.

i must say i didn't want to go to this event but wanted to sit in the man cave and build my hog bipe.....but building those little plane for the kids was priceless. this is what clubs should be about!!!!!! spreading the welcome mat to local residence folks to invite them to come out in the spring and see what we do....fly for fun.

when i finished cleaning up the gym and vacuuming the craft rooms where we built hundreds of lil planes ,i left there proud to say i belong to Rockland county RC club. [and so glad i didn't hide in the cave]

what little i did to help was nothing compared to the 40 or so other member of the club were doing...fly helies,indoor floaters [blimps],and all kinds of micro planes,and 3dplanes.

what a great way to wrap up a weekend,gotta love those kids...lol...most were in the 5 to 12 year old range ,but when you put together a plane for a 4year old their eyes look so excited to fly...lol....just like us flyers when we get a new toy .
Old 01-31-2011, 01:42 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Stuart that sounds like a great time you had, and a even better service to your community. Hopefully by the action of this event some of those kids will get into this great hobby and away from the TV and video games. Was there any indoor RC flying at this or was it all rubber band power flight?
Either way sounds like you had a very gratifying day kudos to you.
John
Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

hi gramps,oh yeah there was some real fun electric flying. we have Justin chi who does so well on helies and also Dan and rich Landis who fly competition and hold a few nice awards when traveling around the country.

theres a few talented folks who fly at the rcrcc field.

this was the sixth annual indoor flying display held for the town and the club said it was the best attended yet!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:48 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Excellent that must of been quite the show then. Must of been some wide eye kids and adults. I wonder how many are thinking of buying thier first plane because of this.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:50 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

i hope alot gramps...alot.