Delta & Flying Wings Discuss electric powered delta (flying wing) style aircraft here.

HYPER MINI BEE 100+ mph ? Hope so

Old 12-24-2007, 01:52 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Talking A Flying Bullet For Sure

Hi Everyone I Took Laines Advice, and made the fins bigger under the bottom of the wing, Thats what I like about Wattflyers, Everybody is willing to help you out, so that you are successful in flying your new creation here is what was done to it today, I made the winglets bigger on the bottom, added a skid, to help to hand launch the wing with and to kind of help save the bottom from getting all scratched up, balanced the wing with my Super Duper CG Machine added 4- 50 Caliber 250 grain Lee R.E.A.L. bullets to get it to balance me and my boys were into shooting black power a while back, so I got a lot of stuff left over, might as well make some good use of it shown are 9mm, 45acp, and 50cal, and here are some more pics, and its All Done, Yea
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet 001_1.jpg
Views:	11335
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	50087   Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet 002_1.jpg
Views:	3335
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	50088   Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet 003_1.jpg
Views:	1863
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	50089   Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet 004_1.jpg
Views:	3637
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	50090   Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet 006_1.jpg
Views:	3158
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	50091  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet 008_1.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	50092   Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet 009_1.jpg
Views:	3881
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	50093   Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet 005_1.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	50094   Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet 010_1.jpg
Views:	4074
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	50095  

Last edited by CHELLIE; 01-20-2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:01 AM
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!

Looks Great Chellie. Im sure the maiden will go great.

Laine.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:02 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Thumbs up Maiden Flight

Hi Everyone I Maiden the Hyper Mini Bee today It Flys First Flight i had my hands full in trying to trim it out, its very responsive, I lost orentation on it, I Cut the power and landed it the best I could, it nosed in a little, for a hard landing, checked it over, It was fine, no damage at all, this is one TOUGH little wing, I reset the trim before I tried to fly it for the second time, full down and full right trim, and it flies great now, I will Have to adjust the linkage now that I know whats is needed, I wanted to take some Video of the Maiden flight, But, Everyone here, I HAD A FULL HOUSE, just wanted to EAT and OPEN Presents, Sooooo I Snuck out to the Park for about 15 mins and Maiden My Wing, You Know What ? I was not even Missed OH WELL such is Life

I could only fly it at about 1/3 throttle, because its fast, I did open it up when it was leveled out, Wow it Screams, but to turn it, I had to slow down to 1/4 to 1/3 throttle, and I thought it was on the heavy side, with that big lipo and big motor and all the lead nose weight I had to add to it, But it Wants to glide forever, I brought it in for a landing, with the motor off, and it would not settle down I had to make a 180 degree turn, and bring it back to me, the turn slowed it down, and I was able to land it, all in all, it was fun, and Now I know what to expect the next time out flying this Wing, the lime green trim tape did not work very well for orentation, so I will have to change that to white, Ok thats my Excuse for loosing orentation and I am sticking to my Story Take care, and Happy Holidays to Everyone, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 12-26-2007 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:52 AM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Congratulations Chellie...sounds like you had some fun today. Merry Christmas
Old 12-26-2007, 04:31 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
Congratulations Chellie...sounds like you had some fun today. Merry Christmas
Thank You James, I sure did Happy Holidays to You and Yours, Chellie
Old 12-26-2007, 04:38 AM
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!

Good to hear Chellie! Glad you got it in the air and it flew good.

Also, as for the HF... great little planes aint they? Everyone should have one.

Laine.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:18 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by lmopar69 View Post
Good to hear Chellie! Glad you got it in the air and it flew good.

Also, as for the HF... great little planes aint they? Everyone should have one.

Laine.
Thank you Laine, It Sure got my blood boiling I had to be right on top of it, but thats half the fun, as soon as I get better with this wing, I will make some speed passes for doppler readings, but right now, I am just learning to fly with a wing, Take care & Happy Holidays to you and yours, Chellie
Old 12-26-2007, 05:40 AM
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!

Wait till you build a 6S powered monster Sledgehammer! THAT is FUN!!

It wont take you long to get good with the little bugger. Just enjoy the ride!

Happy Holidays to you also Chellie.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:33 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Talking Video of Hyber Mini Bee She Hauls A$$

Hi Everyone Here is a video of my Hyber Mini Bee, She Hauls Buns the first few laps were triming, then I felt I was Ready to Put the Peddle To The Metal I had my hands full thats for sure, I Guess it was doing upwards of 90mph, Its the fastest thing that I have in RC This thing is PURE FUN, I was Flying at a new location in Chino, its on Edison and Central, the Chino fair parking Lot, It was suggested by ALpea42, its very nice, Thank You ALpea42 Take care, Chellie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_DW6RksbDg

Last edited by CHELLIE; 04-09-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:55 AM
Kosh
Super Contributor

Thats just SMOKEN across the sky and sounds mean, I like it.

Now that your hooked on the speed thing it only gets worse because you have to go faster at some point now. I'm sure theres a Funjet in your future only you don't know it yet ... lol

Great build and video, Thanks
Old 12-30-2007, 06:01 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
Thats just SMOKEN across the sky and sounds mean, I like it.

Now that your hooked on the speed thing it only gets worse because you have to go faster at some point now. I'm sure theres a Funjet in your future only you don't know it yet ... lol

Great build and video, Thanks
Hi Kosh yes its fast alright and fun, I have been looking into getting a Fun Jet, but dont tell anyone ok just kidding, you can tell on me :p
I have another prop on order for it, Laine suggested a prop that will really make it Scream, Soooo i just had to get it Thank you for the Complements, Take care, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 12-30-2007 at 06:24 AM.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:17 AM
Kosh
Super Contributor

I just cant leave well enough alone and always try 3 or 4 props on most planes to see what works best with that combo. Its finding the right balance between speed and amps without abusing the system too badly.

I heard the sirens in the video and thought you were busted for sure for having too much fun. :p
Old 12-30-2007, 06:23 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
I just cant leave well enough alone and always try 3 or 4 props on most planes to see what works best with that combo. Its finding the right balance between speed and amps without abusing the system too badly.

I heard the sirens in the video and thought you were busted for sure for having too much fun. :p
Me Too the prop than laine suggested is a apc e 5.1 x 4.5 thin prop, but its wider than the 4.74x 4.74 I am now using, and I will try a graupner 5.2 x 5.2 prop also, take care, Chellie
Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 AM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

oh man such skill great job on flying her. that is really fast and maneauverabale.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:29 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by GreenAce92 View Post
oh man such skill great job on flying her. that is really fast and maneauverabale.
Thank you GreenAce, it was fun flying it, its a handful, thats for sure, but this Ol Gal can still fly with the best Ok, well with some of the best , ok can still fly Take care, Chellie
Old 12-30-2007, 07:10 PM
lmopar69
Gravity Stinks!!

Nice flight Chellie! Nice landing too!

you know, its not very often you see shoes like that out at the flying field either!

Laine.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:34 AM
Farnsrocket

Hey Chellie, what glue did you use for your wing? Did you use different kinds or just one? Thanks!
Old 12-31-2007, 06:16 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Farnsrocket View Post
Hey Chellie, what glue did you use for your wing? Did you use different kinds or just one? Thanks!
Hi I used 30 min epoxy to glue in the extra carbon fiber tube at the rear, the wing comes in one piece, so that makes it nice and I did not use the foam elevons, too spongy, I used some balsa aileron stock, and I used CA higes,that i cut in half length wise, I used CA for the balsa side to glue in the Ca Hinge with and i used 5 min epoxy to glue the ca hinge to the foam, I just like to glue foam with Epoxy but i think you can glue EPP foam with CA super glue, Take care, Chellie
Old 12-31-2007, 07:01 AM
Farnsrocket

Cool thanks! I have read everything from Gorilla Glue, Loctite Sumo glue, CA, all kinds of epoxies and Goop for EPP. I guess it comes down to personal preference. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2016, 06:29 PM
pbs_rudder

Chellie
I just acquired a Quickie 500 "The Edge" by Tom Strom and Tony Huber. Has a fiberglass fuse foam plank wings. I want to make it an electric sport model. It came with no plans, but has an incomplete construction guide, missing 1 through 4 figures. I just finished a WWII Italian 202 C Folgore scratch build. I think I can figure out the build, but I have read so many things that builders have done I want to get your ideas. they say to increase the fuse 2" to keep from adding weight, add a scoop to cool the electronics, use Micro servos, reduce weight through out the entire plane these are just a few things I have learned. I plan on using a Turnigy G25 motor, 4s 2200ma battery if I can fit this into the fuselage. I plan on doing the scoop, extension, and servos. I am not looking for a lot of speed, just a good flying sport model. I have been building models for over 60 years and have built 3 experimental airplanes, the last one was a Glassair II retract, cruise at 250 mph, fully acro IFR, glass cockpit. hope you get this post.
Ron
Old 06-11-2016, 12:42 AM
ReeceEngineering

Maybe an EDF swap would net more speed