Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
Sky Sharkster
Super Contributor

View Sky Sharkster's Gallery11
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (20)
Default FlyLine Models

FlyLine Models was a kit producer in the 1980's and early '90's. The models produced were hard-to-find designs, and many have not been produced by any other kit maker since.
Their address at the time was 2820 Dorr Ave., Fairfax, Va., 22030.
These were rubber or small-glow Free Flight designs, all stick-and-tissue builds. Included were detailed full size plans and tissue, vac-formed parts like canopies, cowls and spinners. All strip stock and printed (not cut) balsa sheets.
For a time, AeroDyne carried the FlyLine plans (only) but I see that they are no longer listed; http://www.freeflightmodels.com/
They do show up on eBay occasionally, I snagged a Heinkel He 100D a couple of years ago, NIB, for $26.00. Now they are upwards of $50.00 and the larger kits can go for $100.00.
Here's a list of the designs they offered;
Bellanca Skyrocket, 34.5" WS, Rubber/.020
Curtis Robin, 41" WS, .049
Fairchild 22 Model C7B, 47" WS .10
Farman Moustique F 451, 39-1/8" WS, .049
General "Aristrocrat", 36" WS, Rubber/.020
Great Lakes Trainer, 40" WS, .15-.25 (R/C Scale)
Kinner Model K Sportster, 39" WS, .049
Luton Minor, 34.5" WS, .020
Stearman C-3B, 34" WS, .049 (FF or R/C Scale)
Bucker Jungmeister, WS 32.5, .049-.10 ("")
Curtiss Seagull, 23" WS, Rubber, Co2
Flyette, 24" WS, Rubber
Inland Sport Model R-400, 37-1/2" WS, Rubber, Electric(!)
Heinkel 100D, 24" WS, Rubber
Howard, 24-1/2" WS, Rubber
Megow Coupe, 49" WS, .049
Piper J-3 Cub, ? .020
Quaker Flash, 34-1/4" WS,. 020
Rearwin Speedster, 34-5/8", .020
Spirit Of St. Louis, 30-1/2" WS, .020
Stinson Voyager, 30-1/2" WS, Rubber
Travel Air 6000, 36" WS, .049
Velie Monocoupe, 22-1/2" WS, Rubber
These are some great, unusual kits. If you see one at a swap meet or online, I'd say, "Go For It!"
Ron
Old 01-24-2008, 03:54 AM   #2
TLyttle
Super Contributor

Friends: (4)

Well, I'm not dealing with a fortune here, but I have a couple. As soon I get them organised, I will sell them...
Old 01-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
E-Challenged

Friends: (1)

The General Aristocrat is a good flyer, would even do well as rudder only ff assist if built light with GWS IPS geared brush motor power, 2S 300ma lipo, tiny receiver, 5amp esc and one 3.6 gm servo. Would also do well with rudder and elevator. The fuselage is a "lifting body".
Old 01-31-2008, 02:34 AM   #4
Twmaster

View Twmaster's Gallery17
Friends: (13)

I was lucky enough to have known Col. Hurst Bowers (one of the guys behind Flyline) and boy could he build! He was also a true gentleman. I have a couple of his kits here somewhere. I really should build....

Mike N

Support the entire Constitution.
Not just the parts you like.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:03 PM   #5
deckape

View deckape's Gallery10
Default Flyline Megowcoupe

Hello Fellow modelers its been a while since I last posted anything I have a question I have a brand new Megowcoupe by Flyline models. it suppose to be powered with a 0.49 or 61 engines since electric power is the state of art that supercedes glow engines. Can anyone give me information for the size of electric motor that is equal to the 049 or 51 engines. I been thuis far toying with the idea of taking the 250 brushless and electyronics out of my flyzone Albatross all foam model I crashed it and saved the electronics, Any help will be well appreciated thanks fellas.

Frankie Day
Old 09-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #6
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (8)

If your Flyzone Albatross is the little micro like mine, I don't think the motor will fly a 49" airplane.
Mine has a little brushed motor, maybe a 180.

If you are thinking of an Eflite Park 250 brushless they can handle a scale type plane up to about 12 oz. It will produce 55 watts max, better life at <45 watts.

I don't know how much your kit is supposed to weigh when finished.

Dave R, KI7MTA Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #7
deckape

View deckape's Gallery10

Originally Posted by Wildflyer View Post
If your Flyzone Albatross is the little micro like mine, I don't think the motor will fly a 49" airplane.
Mine has a little brushed motor, maybe a 180.

If you are thinking of an Eflite Park 250 brushless they can handle a scale type plane up to about 12 oz. It will produce 55 watts max, better life at <45 watts.

I don't know how much your kit is supposed to weigh when finished.
Thanks for the reply this the 4 channel version plug in and play the Flyline kit is a 46 inch wingspan. The weight is 14 1/2 ounces when completed I would like to use the electronics out of the crashed Albatross I am just concerned with the power plant would a Out runner electric motor would pull this aircraft. thanks
Old 09-13-2016, 05:27 PM   #8
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (8)

Considering it was designed for a nitro motor, .049-.061 A small outrunner intended for a 15 oz plane would be less vibration and stress than the nitro.

Some small planes were beefed up in the nose just so we could start a nitro motor with a starter, many guys lighten up the construction of a plane because an electric motor doesn't try to pound it's way out of the airplane.

I know a few people that put small outrunners in a kit designed for rubber power. I have a 40" P-40 kit that some day will fly that way, properly built, it should be 10-12 oz.

If your 4 channel Flyzone Albatross, weighed close to 14-15 oz, then I would use the equipment you have. If it weighed 30 oz then you may have too much power but you can control that by using a prop that only give you enough thrust to fly properly. That is a great thing about electric motors, we don't need to run a certain prop. Running too small a prop on a nitro can cause over RPM damage. An electric will run happy with no prop but that will destroy a nitro motor. (found that out the hard way)

Good luck with your build, be careful, make good joints and use CA, you should have a very light strong plane. Watch what type of covering you use on light planes, Supermonokote can crush a lightly designed structure.
The kit was probably designed for light weight silkspan.

Dave R, KI7MTA Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft