Video Parking lot Want to show off a video you found or one you are hosting online. Post a link to it here and strut your stuff!

Strix StratoSurfer

Old 03-27-2020, 05:04 PM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Default Strix StratoSurfer

What do you do when you are sick and tired of hearing nothing but Corna this and Corona that. Fly something New. So I took my winter build for a test flight. My stratosurfer is completely stock using dragon link as my control and I am testing the LHI Sparrow Flight Controller so far I based on the video it still needs a lot of adjusting.

Last edited by Fishbonez; 03-29-2020 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:35 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

So Today I made a small adjustment to the LHI Sparrow gyro. I re-calibrated the gyro but raised the nose a tad.. This will hopefully keep the plane more level in the air when in stabilization mode, rather than descend, and maybe not bank quite so hard when I hit return to home. I of course will be recording it in my goggles and hopefully have the Run Cam 3 recording so hopefully a video later tomorrow or early in the week
Old 06-18-2020, 07:38 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Finally got a chance to FPV test my Stratosurfer. After a major crash from my original Stat. I made some changes I moved the runcam/gopro and removed the LHI Sparrow, just did not work out like I had hoped. Tracey and I had a little trouble hand launching because 3s didn't seem to have the push I think it needed. But once we got it in the air my goodness she just floated. I This is going to be an awesome Long Rang plane. Fingers crossed. Its a long video for sure but I wanted some folks to see that a pusher plane makes for a great FPV plane whether be for the first time flying FPV or even an experienced FPV pilot can enjoy. Youtube doesn't do the Run Cam footage justice and I can see I am going to need to raise it up some. Dont think people are going to enjoy looking at the ass end of another runcam. At least without a sticker or something :-)